Chef's tricks for a more hygienic cooking
When handling food...
- It is preferable to wash fresh products under a tap rather than by immersion, to remove possible contamination.
- It is advisable to reheat cooked products on a low heat.
- The manufacturer´s container should be cleaned before it is kept in the refrigerator. Alternatively its content should be changed to another clean container.
On the table and in the fridge ...
- Use different utensils for each course served, especially among raw and cooked dishes.
- Raw products such as mayonnaise should not be stored.
- Leftovers should be stored with their names and dates in clean and covered containers.
- Discard courses with suspicious symptoms, and do not consume dishes exceeding three days.