The kitchen in a multifunctional space where we spend most of our time. A new idea to decorate the kitchen space is by placing your own urban or vertical garden. This way you can take advantage of not only natural resources when cooking but also decorate your kitchen and maximize your space.
4 ideas to have your own urban garden in the kitchen
1. Take advantage of vertical spaces.
Surely you have an empty space in your kitchen where you can set up a vertical urban garden. You can do it by using and reusing countless materials. An example may be an orchard with glass jars to hang which will not only look nice but will also allow you to have your essential aromatic plants at hand.
2. Includes a grow table for decoration
Growing tables have been gradually incorporated into homes as a method of entertainment, decoration and saving. Since it is possible to have urban gardens without sunlight, although it will always be much better if we could install it near some point where there is a lot of natural light, in order to save energy and make the development process faster.
3. Improvise a garden on your window or counter
You can put a small garden by a window in the kitchen just by adding a shelf that supports it. You can also take advantage of the countertop spaces that receive more light, this way it will not be necessary to fill too much space in your kitchen, especially if it is small. It will be enough to plant aromatic herbs in small pots or planters that will give your kitchen a vegetable touch and can also be used to flavor rich and healthy dishes.
4. Grow small varieties
Grow tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, beans and peas, all horticultural crops have many varieties, and this will allow you to have different types of fruit, color, flavor, shape, and size. In such a way your kitchen will look beautiful and natural.
What are the benefits and advantages of having a vertical garden at home?
Vertical urban gardens not only optimize the small space but also offer important benefits:
- Contribute to a healthier diet
- They promote self-consumption.
- They raise awareness about the correct use of natural resources.
- They allow reducing carbon emissions.
- Decrease the ambient temperature. The perfect solution for those looking to maintain a balanced, fresh, and pleasant environment.
- They protect us from the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- Reduce electricity expenses.
- They offer the possibility of reducing external noise.
- They improve the quality of the air purifying it and supplying a much more pleasant smell.
- They are easy to maintain and do not create too much dirt.
- They turn the space into a much more beautiful and original area.